Ocular retina is a symptom rather than a disease. It is characterized by the defeat of small blood vessels – capillaries, in the presence of a person a formidable disease, diabetes mellitus. The walls of the vessels suffer, and at the same time there is a violation of hemostasis.
Doctors divide the disease into two main types: microangiopathy and macroantiopathy.
- With macroangiopathy, the vessels of the lower extremities and the heart are affected.
- Microangiopathy provokes pathology of the blood vessels of the eye retina and glomerular blood capillaries of the kidneys.
What causes the development of diabetic angiopathy
- The main culprit of the disease is diabetes mellitus, which causes serious metabolic and hormonal changes in the body.
- Atherosclerosis of blood vessels.
- Hypertension of various origins.
- Angiopathy associated with adolescence.
- Angiopathy is traumatic.
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
- Permanent autoimmune vasculitis.
- Diseases associated with blood.
- Abnormal development of blood vessels.
- Work in hazardous industries, intoxication.
- Elderly age.
Retinal angiopathy can be symptoms of any of the diseases that can have a negative effect on the condition of small vessels. The disease can begin to develop at any age, but, as statistics show, those over thirty suffer more often from it. But, if we talk about angiopathy of the eye retina, then it is a complication of the disease diabetes mellitus.
Diabetic angiopathy can go on for a long time until it is diagnosed with the disease due to which it appeared.
Symptoms of diabetic retinal angiopathy
- Flickering before the eyes, the appearance of lightning in the eyes.
- Decreased vision, blurred vision, or loss of vision.
- The development of myopia occurs exponentially, very quickly.
- The appearance of bleeding from the nose.
The disease is characterized in the defeat of the capillaries penetrating the retina. In this case, the capillary walls swell. which is extremely dangerous, since it can lead to narrowing of the gaps of the vessels, or from complete blockage. The movement of blood through the blood vessels deteriorates, which leads to hypoxia of the body tissues, due to a lack of oxygen. On the eyeball, you can see the appearance of spots that are yellow in color, and around the circumference, around the optic nerve, microbleeding of blood occurs and, as a result of all this, a sharp decrease in vision occurs.
To preserve vision, the disease should be taken seriously, do not start treatment.
How to treat diabetic angiopathy of the fiber of the eye
There is no special treatment for this disease, since it directly depends on how the disease provocateur proceeds – diabetes mellitus. It should be treated precisely with it, diabetes. To do this, you must follow a strict diet, take medications that reduce blood sugar, insulin injections, vigorous exercise, and strict adherence to a special diet. Nutrition must be fractional, to avoid sudden surges in blood sugar. The composition of carbohydrates is strictly dosed, calculated for each patient individually. From the menu, the amount of food containing a lot of easily digestible carbohydrates is eliminated or reduced. These are sweets, chocolate, ice cream, sweet carbonated drinks, white bread, pastry. It is these products that lead to the development of persistent complications, among which diabetic angiopathy is in the first place.
As an additional treatment for angiopathy, the doctor may prescribe medications that improve blood circulation in small blood vessels and capillaries.
Only strict adherence to the treatment prescribed by the doctor will not allow the further development of diabetic angiopathy of the retina, and will retain vision. Good luck.