As a person with diabetes, you know about the risk of heart disease, kidney disease, atherosclerosis, nerve damage, blindness, and slow healing of wounds. Having looked at this set, one involuntarily asks the question: “For what?” Yes, the news about diabetes is not the best in your life, but not the worst. Do you think people without diabetes do not have the risk of the same diseases? There are maybe a little less than yours, but there are. Only you are warned and you are forced to take measures to prevent the destruction of the body, and people without diabetes do not.
The goal of any diabetic is to maintain blood sugar at a level close to normal. A diabetic regimen follows three simple rules:
1. Eat right. Perhaps you tried all the known fancy diets, you may have been starving, but you really didn’t achieve anything? And all because only by balancing all the necessary substances for the body, you can avoid disruptions, maintain sugar normal and feel good.
2. Control body weight. Sometimes you need to lose only 2-4 kilograms to bring sugar back to normal.
3. Exercise regularly. Exercises strengthen the heart, help control sugar levels, increase blood circulation, directing it to the most extreme points of the body. Exercise lowers blood cholesterol, increases stamina, and gives good sleep. In addition, sport gives emotional stability, has a beneficial effect on mood, and helps fight depression. Most importantly, exercise increases the number of insulin receptors on the cell surface, and therefore reduces the need for insulin. With diabetes, rhythmic movements will be especially effective: walking, running, dancing, swimming, cycling. You just need to think about sports at least 3 times a week, and at most – 5. Only regularity gives the desired result.
Agree that these recommendations will be useful to a completely healthy person!
A diabetic should be wary of three factors:
1. Low sugars – hypoglycemia. Always measure your blood sugar before you eat, and carefully select the dose of your medicine.
2. High sugars – hyperglycemia. Do not abuse sweet, baked goods, fatty foods.
3. The wound. Especially sore feet.
For well-being, do not forget to nourish the body with healthy supplements. There is a specific list of universal vitamins for diabetics:
Chromium. Chromium increases the effects of insulin and suppresses cravings for sweets.
Niacin. Vitamin that enhances the action of chromium.
Vitamin C. This vitamin helps the body fight infections, heal wounds, and form collagen.
Zinc. Supports immunity and restores tissue.
Magnesium. Vitamin Antistress. Diabetics usually lose a lot of magnesium through urine. It is important in the formation of cellular energy.
AT 6. Vitamin, which is involved in many cellular reactions, and many diabetics need a lot of it. However, it is important not to overdo it, since B6 in large quantities is toxic, and its intake should be monitored by a doctor.
Thiamine. Important for sugar metabolism.
However, it is important to determine your supplements after consulting with your treating endocrinologist.
Most importantly, do not lock in the disease. Do not label the patient. Yes, you have to become more disciplined, but is that bad? On the contrary, a person paying more attention to his health will look fresh and young much longer. Do not forget about the little joys of life. For example, a diabetic can afford to eat a box of cookies so as not to lose heart and cheer up. But do not forget to compensate for this box with an adequate dose of insulin.
The most important thing is to always carry a glucometer, insulin and nutrition diary with you. Write down everything you eat, how much you pin up, your sugars, your well-being. Be your own doctor, and diabetes will turn from your worst enemy into your best friend.